Main Editorial Board
The initial board of editors and associate editors were selected in 1989 by Dr. K.L. Seshagiri Rao, Chief Editor, and Dr. Vidya Niwas Mishra, Editor-in-Chief, India. Regional directors during various stages have added additional scholars as necessary. A team of four executive editors in the USA and Canada—Dr. Subhash Kak, Dr. V.V. Raman, Dr. Rama Rao Pappu, and Dr. T.S. Rukmani—served diligently, reviewing, editing, and rewriting articles where necessary.
In early 2006, Dr. Kapil Kapoor, Professor of English and Concurrent Professor of Sanskrit Studies who had just retired as Rector at Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi, took over as Editor-in-Chief. From the first moment, Dr. Kapil Kapoor took Pujya Swamiji’s words as adesa, and has repeatedly emphasized how blessed and honored he feels to have the opportunity to fulfill this mission. Since then, with Pujya Swamiji’s asirvada, he and his team—two associate editors, six subject-wise associate editors, and thirty-four members of the editorial review team, all senior academics from Indian universities—have worked tirelessly, reviewing, reading and revising articles and have brought the project from a work in progress to the state of completion and publication.
Dr. K.L. Seshagiri Rao, Ph.D
Professor Emeritus, University of Virginia, Virginia, USA
Dr. Kapil Kapoor, Ph.D
Former Rector, Professor, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
Sadhvi Bhagawati Saraswati, Ph.D
Special gratitude to (Late) Padmavibhushan Pt. Dr. Vidya Niwas Misra, Former Vice-Chancellor Sampurnanand Sanskrit University, Varanasi.
1. Dr. Saugata Bhaduri: Associate Professor of English, JNU, New Delhi, India.
2. Prof. R.N. Bhatt: Professor of Linguistics, BHU, Varanasi, India.
3. Siddheshwar Bhatt: Retired Professor and Chairman, Department of Philosophy, University of Delhi, Delhi, India.
4. Prof. Kiran Budguley: Professor of English, Goa University, Goa, India.
5. Dr. Gautam Chakravarty: Associate Professor of English, R.L.A. College, New Delhi, India.
6. Ms. Dhara Chotai: Lecturer in English, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, India.
7. Prof. Harold G. Coward: Director, Center for Studies in Religion & Society, University of Victoria, Victoria, Canada.
8. Prof. Anne Feldhaus: Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, USA.
9. Dr. Reena Francis: Chief Tutor District Centre for English, Trichur
10. Dr. Hal W. French: Distinguished Professor Emeritus, University of S. Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, USA.
11. Prof. Hemalatha K. Iyer: Professor of English, Gurukul Kangri Mahavidyalaya, Haridwar, India.
12. Prof. Rajendra Sinh Jadeja: Director, H.M.Patel Institute of English, Sardar Patel University, Anand, India
13. Dr. Kireet Joshi: President, Indian Council of Philosophical Research, New Delhi, India.
14. Prof. Piyush Joshi: Professor, H.M.Patel Institute of English, Sardar Patel University, Anand, India.
15. Prof. Subhash Kak: Professor of Computer Science, Oklahoma State University, OK, USA.
16. Prof. Ranga Kapoor: Former Associate Professor, Indraprastha College for Women, University of Delhi, India.
17. Dr. Chetan Katoch: Associate Professor of English, Zakir Hussain College, New Delhi.
18. Dr. R.J. Kalpana: Educational Consultant and Research Scholar, Chennai, India.
19. Prof. Mahadev Kunderi: Professor of English, Mysore University, Mysore, India.
20. Dr. Simi Malhotra: Associate Professor of English, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, India.
21. John R. Marr: Professor, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, Surrey, U.K.
22. Mr. Vyas Maulik: Lecturer in English, Saurashtra University, Rajkot, India.
23. Prof. Mandan Mishra (late): Former Vice-Chancellor, Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidya Peeth, New Delhi, India.
24. Dr. Sushant Mishra: Associate Professor of French, Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi, India.
25. Mr. Mihir Mori: Lecturer in English, South Gujarat University, Surat, India.
26. M.Narasimhachary: Professor of Sanskrit (retired), Madras University, Chennai, India.
27. Dr. Lipipushpa Nayak: Associate Professor of English, Bhubaneshwar, India.
28. Ms. Renuka Ozarkar: Ph.D. Scholar, University of Mumbai, India.
29. Prof. Adesh Pal: Professor and Director, Centre for Diaspora Studies, Hemacandracarya University, Patan, Gujarat, India.
30. Prof. Govind C. Pande: Former Vice-Chancellor Allahabad University, Allahabad, India.
31. Prof. M.S Pandey: Professor of English, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.
32. Dr. Rama Rao Pappu: Professor, Department of Philosophy, Affiliate, Dept. of Comparative Religion, Miami University, Ohio, USA.
33. Dr. Niranjan Patal: Reader in Sanskrit, Sardar Patel University, Anand, Gujarat, India.
34. Dr. Biswamohan Pradhan: Associate Professor, Department of Linguistics, Mumbai University, India.
35. Prof. D.R. Purohit: Director Centre for Performing Arts, HNB University, Srinagar (Uttarakhand), India.
36. Ms. Roma Purohit: Ph.D. Scholar, HNB University, Srinagar (Uttarakhand), India.
37. S. Ramakrishnan (late): Former Director General, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Mumbai, India.
38. Acharya Varadaraja V. Raman: Emeritus Professor of Physics and Humanities, Rochester Institute of Technology, New York, USA.
39. Dr. T.S. Rukmani: Chair in Hindu Studies, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
40. Dr. Amrita Sharma: Reader in English, BNPS Women University, Khanpur Kalan, India.
41. Prof. B.N Singh (late): Professor and Head, English, Lucknow University, India.
42. Dr. Dhananjay Singh: Assistant Professor of English JNU, New Delhi, India.
43. Prof. Gurpal Singh: Professor of Punjabi, Punjab University, Chandigarh, India.
44. Dr. Ravikesh Mishra: Associate Professor of Korean, Centre for Korean Studies, JNU, New Delhi, India.
45. Prof. S.K. Sareen: Professor of English, JNU, New Delhi, India.
46. Dr. Satyendra Kumar Singh: Reader in English, Government College, Jabalpur, India.
47. Prof. E.C.G. Sudarshan: Director, Center for Particle Studies, University of Texas, Austin, Texas, USA.
48. Prof. K K Thapliyal: Former Professor of History, Lucknow University. Lucknow, India.
49. Dr. Kapila Vatsyayan: Former Academic Secretary, Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, New Delhi, India.
50. Prof. V. Venkatachalam (late): Former Vice-Chancellor, Darbhanga University, Bihar, India.